Sunday, November 29, 2020

The Case for Christmas Chapter 2: The Scientific Evidence

 

The Case for Christmas Chapter 2: The Scientific Evidence

As we move on in our Advent Course we take a look at how discoveries in archaeology and testimony in non-Christian ancient writings confirm the accuracy of basic facts recorded in the Gospels about Jesus. In my talk I will look at four ancient disinterested or even hostile non-Christian writers and what the have to say about Christ. I will also share my insights on what archaeology's findings about Bethlehem and Nazareth mean to me as I ponder the humility of God the Son in becoming human. Share your own thoughts and insights with via our Flocknote!

St. Joseph and Adolescent Jesus at work

"Jesus the Worker "by Frances Hook




1 comment:

  1. What struck me as I listened to your comments about the ordinariness of Jesus' life in Nazareth was remembering my reaction at seeing women washing at the entrance well to Nazareth when I was there 25 years ago- Mary's ordinary life was just like these women. Before that she had always seemed more like an icon in the artworks of her, even though I knew better. The reality became present. Bill C.

    ReplyDelete